How Pollution Affects Our Environment?
Just compare the environment of 1990s with that of 2017s… The level of pollution has almost tripled the amount of the previous era. That means that the frequency and severeness of the diseases have also tripled. There are lesser trees as compared to earlier times and that further adds on to the pollution affect in a major way.
Now when you step out of the home, we hardly witness any fresh environment rather we only see the polluted air all around you-a cloud of smoke emanating from thousands of vehicles around us; smoke coming out of a factory chimney or fly ash from a thermal power plant. That means that we are only inhaling smoke and nothing else. That will automatically affect our health only. The amount of pollution is further aggravated due to increasing traffic, cities expanding, industries growing and the growing economy.
Pollution is extremely harmful as it is arrayed with harmful chemicals, poisonous gases, droplets and particles that diminish the quality of the air. The most poisonous gases amongst them all are argon, carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane, krypton, nitrous oxide, hydrogen, xenon and organic vapors. Pollution not only affects the air around us but is also found in water in the form of poisonous gases, dust particles, feces and other harmful products. The maximum amount of air pollution comes from ground-level ozone. This is gradually depleting the ozone layer and giving rise to global warming.
- Irritation of cause your eyes, throat and lungs
- Burning sensation in the eyes, tightness in the chest and cough
- Skin problems that can be as severe as skin cancer
- Sensitivity to certain air pollutants
Risks to health:
- Children are more prone to suffer from pollution rather than adults. Some of the harmful diseases caused by pollution are bronchitis and earaches.
- Adults with heart or lung disease are more sensitive to polluted air
- If the problem is severe, it is advised that you should seek immediate medical help
- In severe cases, there may be headaches, nausea, and loss of coordination.
- It lowers our resistance to colds and pneumonia.